Just happened on a funny idea while I was doing laundry:
what is the world going to be like with regard to language in twenty years time?
- Will English continue to grow as a second language for people everywhere?
- Will relatively contained languages like Chinese become more asserted and gain a wider use outside of native speaking groups?
- What will happen with language revitalization efforts as in Wales and Euskadi?
- Do any languages stand to become dominant in a particular field or trade?
- What will happen in countries which have nationalist/ethnic divisions like Belgium and the US?
- 【crazy】 Could a major linguistic shift occur in two decades?