Return - Entire thread - Last 10 posts

Problems about LDR and meeting again (11)

1 Name: The Love Fool : 2009-01-27 23:54 ID:c8QPNTHP

Okay, so here's the deal in "short". I met this girl like year and half ago when on vacation abroad. Could say that the chemistry between us worked pretty well and I did fall in love with her. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I spent the best time of my life with her back then. For those weeks I really felt alive, as before I never really had girl to hang out with. I've had some girls but things never really worked out with them.

Entire post...

2 Name: Secret Admirer : 2009-01-28 01:25 ID:mxxdLMr7

Just tell her what's going on. Sure, it'll disappoint her and maybe even hurt her a little.. but if you're right, and the two of you really do belong to each other, you don't really have any other option better than trying to talk to her about it.

Entire post...

3 Name: Secret Admirer : 2009-01-28 18:53 ID:CX0+RuVT

if she really loves you, the time matters only very little. She will continue waiting for you, specially as she is feeling the same about you. Just be honest with her and see how things go! Honesty matters so much you know!
Good luck OP!:]

4 Name: Secret Admirer : 2009-01-28 18:57 ID:HHZa7Ofh

Like the others say, be more open with her about the situation. It's not fun, but there's no reason she should not be aware of it, that's what being in a couple means, you also share your problems.

Isn't it possible to still do a shorter stay?

5 Name: The Love Fool : 2009-01-29 00:38 ID:c8QPNTHP

Thanks for all the answers folks, really appreciate your input.

First I'd like to say that I try to be as honest with her as I can, as I do believe that lies can always be traced back and they do only cause misery to someone in the end. So I understand I should just tell her how I feel about the situation now. I guess that just putting the whole thought aside until march wouldn't be good, as I guess she would think that I'm lying to her by doing this. Yet also I'm not sure how to tell her exactly, as for the first time in my life I have something at stake here.

Entire post...

6 Name: Secret Admirer : 2009-01-29 00:51 ID:HHZa7Ofh

So what will change in one year that is not possible now?

7 Name: Secret Admirer : 2009-01-29 00:54 ID:mxxdLMr7

>But at times I think to myself that is this all really too much to ask for? You see, after we met it was only like couple of weeks that we spent together and next thing I'm asking is for her to wait for me there for over a year. Sounds kinda unreasonable to me, but she told me that she could do it. And for that I am graceful more than I have words.
Entire post...

8 Name: The Love Fool : 2009-03-25 14:52 ID:c8QPNTHP

I hope nobody minds me bumping my thread back to life, since there have been some changes for better.

Today I bought plane tickets! I'm so happy atm I could explode! Haven't talked with my gf yet, but I did send her sms. No answers, but I guess it's just that she can't use her cell in work. Finally I know how I'm going to deal with the matter so far.

Entire post...

9 Name: Secret Admirer : 2009-03-25 15:55 ID:sN0o94rL

I think it's not a bad idea, depending on how you are doing in your relationship. I suggest you wait two weeks in May so that you get your relationship back and running, and then - if you think it's appropriate - you talk about engagement.

Entire post...

10 Name: The Love Fool : 2009-06-22 19:19 ID:c8QPNTHP

First of all, I'm not sure if my ID has changed because I've changed my OS. But I'm the same guy, still in pretty much the same situation, lol.

I've been back to my home country for about three weeks now, still thinkg about last month I spent with my gf. At the same time I feel great happiness and great sadness. For once again future is kinda dark - for not knowing about the next visit to her. But what I do know, or more likely have decided, is that next time I will bring her with me here. I know that will more than double the budget, but that's only money, right?

Entire post...

11 Name: Secret Admirer : 2009-06-22 19:54 ID:HnPT/MBX

So as far as I can see, your problem is your family reaction.

The easiest would probably be to wait for her to come, and then present her to the family. But since you want to share your will to engage her with them (which is legitimate), you have no choice but to go ahead now.

Entire post...