This is my language teaching thread!! It's true! It's true! (708)

1 Name: Anonymous : 2007-03-05 15:18 ID:Tg9qORd+

Hi, loving everyone!^^ I'm 19years old, a Japanese Otaku.
I'm a high school graduate who is preparing for another chance to enter a college.(This is called "Rounin" in Japan, a masterless Samurai is also called "Rounin".)
I made every effort to enter college, but college refused me, because I couldn't read/write English well.

So, I want you to speak to me easily, and point out my wrong.
You can ask me everything! I'm not a grim person.^^ I love you all.(^ε^)
come on! come on everybody!

Do you think this sentences childish?

...oh,excursus.
I like WWE,progressive rock. thanks for reading

101 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-13 16:08 ID:Heaven

>>98
It is a legendary thread! >>97 just meant that it's a good thread.

People use "legendary" as slang on the internet (and sometimes in real life), when they think something is really good.

I also think it's a legendary thread! It's very interesting, and I've learned a few things.

Oh, and >>99 is DQN. "Fag" means gay or homo. (I think that's what you didn't understand?)

近ごろ、多くの荒らしが4chに書き込む

 ↑
正しいか? I can read a lot of Japanese, but I don't often write it or speak it myself. I should practice more...

102 Name: 1 : 2007-04-13 17:00 ID:Heaven

>>101
Wow! Thank you!
I knew the word 'Fag'. But I don't know 'azn(>>99)'.

Yeah, 確かに、近頃、多くの荒らしが4chに書き込む。
正しいです!

>>正しいか?

I think this expression is a little rough.
'正しいですか?' is more polite.

凄いですね。もう大体読めるんですか……。
僕はこれから4年間、大学の授業で英文を読む特訓をします。
大学院までいくと、英語で研究発表などを行います。
ですから、英語の読み書きは、僕には必須なんです。
よろしくお願いします^^

103 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-13 21:05 ID:Heaven

>>102

>I think this expression is a little rough.

あっ、ごめんなさい。忘れました。orz

Even when I speak English, people think I sound a little rude, but it's worse to be rude in Japanese. Unforunately, I haven't had many real Japanese classes, and I'm only used to speaking very casually. (I mostly learned from Japanese people I made friends with.)

ギャルゲーで漢字を学びましたw

I'm sure that didn't help me remember to speak more politely. I'm inspired to practice more!

Anyway, "azn" = "Asian". It's another bit of internet slang, but it's mostly used by immature people.

大学で、学業に励むでしょうね… がんばって!

104 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-13 22:53 ID:Heaven

>>103
oh. so you are NOT JAPANESE. Please cancel my subscription to this thread.

105 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-14 03:10 ID:Heaven

>>104
Trolls, gtfo, ect...

Anyways, I think I'm having some sort of mental problem as I'm reading or listening to Japanese. I tend to translate it into English as I'm doing it as a way to double-check myself, but doing that makes it much more confusing. It's like I have no way to be sure it's correct.

106 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-14 22:15 ID:duEQbAjS

>>105

Sounds like that's one of those habits you'll have to slowly work your way out of as you get more familiar with the language. You should be thinking in Japanese, even if that means thinking in fewer words... and maybe slightly stupider.

107 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-15 05:50 ID:YgSROgsg

>>105
I tend to do that, as well. I'm trying to discourage myself from doing it, but I can't always help myself, especially when I create an unusual sentence.

108 Post deleted by moderator.

109 Name: 1 : 2007-04-16 15:17 ID:Heaven

やっと勉強が軌道に乗ってきました。
最近は午後8時頃まで、図書館で自習しています。

ここのスレッドには英語で書き込まないと意味が無いのですが、今日は眠たいので堪忍してくださいorz
スミマセン。スミマセン。堪忍してください。

110 Name: 1 : 2007-04-20 14:35 ID:Heaven

>>43
I found it!! Finally, I found it!!!
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0FWvdrTUFY

111 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-22 03:44 ID:3qrQlagM

112 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-22 19:45 ID:C7wGrF+u

>>103

'azn' is slang used by gangster asians trying to act black. It's usually used like 'azn pride!'

113 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-23 02:22 ID:Heaven

What is a good Japanese beer?

114 Name: 1 : 2007-04-23 15:46 ID:tppPXv5F

>>113
Yebisu!! But it's expensive. And I've never thought beer is tasty.

In my English class, we students simply read long sentences.
It's very very boring, because the subject is not interesting.
Last week, the subject is about 'Virginia Tech Mass Murder'. It was an article.
I don't have TV, and I don't check the news, so I didn't know about that case.
So, I couldn't understand what was written. I was almost crying.
It is so exasperating, however, it's so effective way..........it makes me more exasperating.
I hate my English teacher. He said he watched 2ch. How creepy he is!! You an azn creepy little fag....
When I read English sentences, I am looked like him.↓
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA

Oh, and we should read Stanford University's academic policy by ourselves.(please check below)
It reaches about 40 pages!!! Insane!!
ttp://www.stanford.edu/dept/registrar/bulletin/bulletin05-06/pdf/AcademicPolicy.pdf

115 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-23 16:39 ID:Heaven

is akiba really the sacred land...

116 Name: 1 : 2007-04-23 17:19 ID:Heaven

>>115
It's nonsense of the masses.
Akihabara's true contents are electric parts and animation(include figures), I think.

These days, the video drama about otaku was telecasted, and 'otaku' got popularity.
Then, 'Meido-cafe' came up. (In TV programs, 'Meido-cafe' is picked up as a headline of Akihabara)
Current trend are made by TV programs.
I hate that tendency.

Thanks to TV, many people know and visit Akihabara.
And people who posture as 'otaku' are numerous. It's fashion.

When that fashion has passed, Akiba will return to the sacred land of Otaku.

117 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-23 17:45 ID:Iul7ughQ

What a fun thread. I've been ignoring 4-ch lately... seems I should pay more attention?

118 Name: 1 : 2007-04-23 22:28 ID:Heaven

>>117
Wow!! Thanks!

It's 7:30 a.m.
I'm very sleepy.....
行ってきまぁす。朝食は食堂で採ります……

119 Name: 1 : 2007-04-24 12:04 ID:lYaqYqy5

Buonasera! (It is 20:30 in Japan)
Comment allez-vous? Je vais bien!!

I've taken Italian class and French class.
In my college, students should choose second foreign language.(Of course, first foreign language is English.)

I like Italian progressive rock(especially 70's), so I was to choose an Italian class.
It is awkward for me, however, second language must be chosen among four languages: German, Chinese, Spanish, and French.

Thus, I came to have to learn three languages at once.(not to mention their difficulty)

Hey guys watching here, you should learn plural languages!!!
Why??? Because I said so !!(`Д´メ)

BTW, everyday I see graduate students who come from Europe.
They're very very very handsome.
Though I'm a guy, I cannot help being fascinated by them...
Their nose is so long, and their face is so small, and their hair is looked like silk.
Each one of them is a piece of art.
Comparing with them, I am rubbish just floating the Pacific.....

I wanna be a person like them!! I wanna be a person like them!!! I wanna b........ (´;ω;`)ブワッ

120 Name: 1 : 2007-04-24 12:16 ID:Heaven

そうそう、興味のある方は、日本語で書き込んでくださって構いませんよ。
ちゃんと添削して(correct)差し上げます^^

formalかinformal、どちらがいいか教えてください(^0^)/

もっと皆の書き込みキボンヌ

121 Name: 1 : 2007-04-24 12:25 ID:Heaven

Oh, I forgot it!! Sorry..

>>103
Thank you very much^^
You have Japanese friends! It's enviable.
I want foreign friends!!

粗野だとか、全然気にしてませんよ^^
気付いてないのかな、と思ったから注意しただけ。

ってかギャルゲーっすかww
どれだけやったんだよw
オススメ教えて!

122 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-24 23:03 ID:3qrQlagM

I wonder how many people are reading this thread.

さて、私は日本語で書き始めた方がいいかも?
大いに学んだが、話しにくいようだ。
しかしながら、頑張らないと!
使用すればするほど、良くなるんじゃない?

誤りをお許しくださいませ。

123 Name: 1 : 2007-04-24 23:33 ID:Heaven

ぐっもー!!(Good morning!!)
It's 8:15 a.m. Today is rainy.
Last night, I couldn't finish doing my lessons for today, because I sit as my computer almost whole night through.
Yeah, I'm freak.
These days, I'm interested in C language.(programming)

>>122
Wow! Your sentences are literary style.
And I agree with you. Practice makes perfect!
When we learn languages, nothing is more effective than practice.
However, it's shame and trouble for me..

One thing, I wanna ask you.
Is my English literary or spoken language??
I cannot judge of myself.

124 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-25 01:28 ID:Heaven

>>123

Literary style? Spoken style? I'm not sure what you mean.

125 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-25 01:52 ID:rccTH6sz

>>124

Perhaps the distinction between formal, 'correct' speech, and the more common, everyday speech that people use in normal conversation?

126 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-25 01:55 ID:Heaven

>>125

Formal? I didn't think I was being formal (besides the last sentence)...

orz

127 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-25 02:06 ID:Heaven

Oh my god! Is this true!?

>"watashi" - used by men and women in formal speech, but only by women for informal speech, used by a man in informal speech it sounds effeminate

So, should I use 僕 or 俺?

128 Name: 1 : 2007-04-25 11:56 ID:WAKw1og4

ただいま。
今日も雨でした。僕の大学は山の上にあるから、天気が安定しないんです。
バイクで通ってるから、本当に大変なんです………orz

>>124-126
Oh, it's my fault. I'm sorry.

Yeah, I wanted to say >>122 is formal.
Because >>122 uses the word "私", "大いに", "しかしながら".
If these words are not used in >>122, an impression will change.

And last sentence:"誤りをお許しくださいませ。"
This is perfectly formal.

I would say like this:
さて、僕は日本語で書き始めた方がいいのかもしれない。
たくさん学んだけれど、少し話し(書き)にくい。
でも、頑張らないと!
話せば話すほど(書けば書くほど)、良くなるんじゃない?

誤りをお許しください。

129 Name: 1 : 2007-04-25 12:27 ID:WAKw1og4

>>127
Yeah, it's true. It's true!!

Most of women use "watashi". And "watashi" is pronounced "atashi".

One tip:
Sometimes I find a woman who calls herself "僕" or "俺" or "俺っち".
Judging from my point of view, these women are otaku.
And these women are often interested in "boy love" or "a voice artist" or "a magazine for boys".
These women are often exclusive. You must pay attention to them.

Anyway, you should use "僕".
Many Japanese men use "俺" when they talk with their friends.
But I use "僕".
Because ehhh.....ehhhh..sorry, I cannot explain well.

大学教授など、知識のある人は皆、"僕"を使う。(もちろん、公の場では"私")
一人称が"俺"の奴なんて、みんなDQNだ!!

僕の中では、"僕"を使う人は優しいというイメージがある。
"俺"を使う人は、調子に乗っている感じがする。

今日、大学の授業が終わった後、クラスのリーダーが皆の前でクラス会についての話をしていた。
その中で、彼は自分のことを"俺"と呼んだ。
気付いていないようだったが、非常に恥ずかしいことだと、僕は感じた。
このスレッドに居る向学心のある皆さん、こんな恥をかかないように、一緒に勉強しましょう^^

130 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-25 15:15 ID:oi1eOpTq

> These women are often exclusive.

By "exclusive" do you mean that they have a facade of politeness but won't date male otaku, or that they are a good catch? I'll let you guess which one I have found American otome to be.

131 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-25 15:53 ID:oi1eOpTq

じゃ、日本語で話そうか。
僕も19歳大学生。年齢=彼女いない歴
今学期は三番日本語の授業。あのぅ、こんな漢字分かんないけど
「今学っきは三番日本語のじゅぎょう」もいい?
大学はとても楽しいね。でも、アメリカのほうがむずかしいよ…
あさねぼうして、日本語のじゅぎょうにおそくなるんだ。

Hey, I have a question. Is 「僕」 too self-depreciating for a foreigner? Since, I'm basically the same as you, but being an American, Japanese people will have a different impression. Maybe I should use 「俺」

132 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-25 16:16 ID:sMbS7Ha+

????????????????/
??????????????
???????????????????????
???????????????????
????3????????¿??

hey hows my sentences.

133 Name: 1 : 2007-04-25 16:32 ID:E4/d/EBX

>>130
mmmm....I meant that they tend to be quite cold to outsiders.
Of course, all women who call themselves "僕" are not like that.

>>I'll let you guess which one I have found American otome to be.

ahhh, do you mean that I tell you what do I think of American girls? OKay!!

I think American girls are lively and very cheerful. They all want to be a cheerleader.
And they sleep with anybody.(This is same in Japan^^;)

Their looks are like this:
ttp://images.askmen.com/galleries/model/stacy-keibler/pictures/stacy-keibler-picture-1.jpg

These are my prejudice. If you get angry, I will change my mind.
I'm sorry.(Is this a tendency of Japanese?? I often apologize)

134 Name: 1 : 2007-04-25 16:44 ID:Heaven

>>131
同い年だぜぇぇぇぇ
『年齢=彼女いない暦』だって? Me too!!
日本語うまいねぇ!! Almost perfect だね!!

朝寝坊(あさねぼう)は、日本だって同じだぞ!
今、午前1時30分なんだ。明日は8時50分から授業開始だから、これはもう駄目かもわからんね。まだお風呂入ってないし。

>>今学期は三番日本語の授業。あのぅ、こんな漢字分かんないけど「今学っきは三番日本語のじゅぎょう」もいい?

What do you mean "三番"? Do you mean the third semester?

135 Name: 1 : 2007-04-25 16:53 ID:Heaven

>>132
Sorry, I cannot read your posting.
I use 'Unicode (UTF-8)'.

But seemingly, your sentences are excellent!!
Because they look like a battery. It's so cool!

?????????????????
?????????????? BOOOOOM!!!
??????????????????????? Σ三三●
???????????????????
????????????????

136 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-25 19:53 ID:Iul7ughQ

>And they sleep with anybody.

Sadly, this is not true. :(

137 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-25 20:00 ID:ZN6euVJl

I think >>132 did it on purpose to confuse you. >.>

138 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-25 20:27 ID:nNNnqQia

>>136
pretty sure he meant sleep with anybody racially, not that they're loose

139 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-26 00:00 ID:Heaven

>>138

I almost want to reach through the Internet and slap him, but then again, America doesn't really have any positive stereotypes last I checked.

There are sluts everywhere, regardless of their place of origin. It's bad to apply that to an entire continent.

140 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-26 00:03 ID:Heaven

Also, America leads the world in obesity, so good luck finding girls like that everyday. Unless you're on the west coast.

141 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-26 00:59 ID:rccTH6sz

Oh, and while we're talking about American stereotypes...

Our automobiles are huge, gas-guzzling technological dinosaurs that can't turn (well, not in any direction except left)

Am I right? :D

142 Name: 132 : 2007-04-26 01:47 ID:rwqfBmsi

>>134
Yes, I meant 3rd semester. Sorry, I'm only starting out. (^^;

Thank you for your post, I understood it and laughed.

I guess I should write simpler English. What I meant in 131 is that I tried to date two fangirls (female otaku in USA), and they become very cold when a normal guy like me asks them out. They only want "a knight on a white horse". It makes me roll my eyes. I assume Japan must be the same.

There are a few girls like the kind you posted a picture of at my school, but I'm not interested. Fashionable girls are not very intellectual. I don't want to date a "Barbie doll". Maybe I'm too picky!

143 Name: 1 : 2007-04-26 07:21 ID:Heaven

I'm home. It's 16:20 in Japan.
I might catch a cold yesterday. But it's a weekend.
God bless me!!

I understood the word "Jock" three days ago.
"Jock" is my impression of America.
Through watch for wrestling and porn films, the impression was made.

>>136
Oh, that's too bad. My paradise(><);

>>137
thanks

>>138
Your view point is unique.
You can be a philosopher!!

144 Name: 1 : 2007-04-26 08:01 ID:Heaven

>>139
I should apologize to you. I'm sorry.
I know all American women aren't like that.

But violence is not forgiven.
That way of thinking(rely on physical power) should be abandoned.
Because you are a gent.

And I found the difference between nations.
I know American people get angry when their hometown or their nation is made fun of. They are proud of their nation or hometown.

However, I think being proud of something often made arrogance.
It is two sides of a coin.
So, I am not proud of myself, my coutry, my family, and my hometown. In this way, no one is hurt.(except myself)
I don't have confidence in myself.

>>140
Hey!! Don't speak ill of others

>>141
IDK

145 Name: 1 : 2007-04-26 18:42 ID:Heaven

>>142
I'm sorry.
I missed last two sentences(>>131)^^;
And I didn't understand >>130. sorry.

You are right. Japanese female otakus are like that.
So, do you mean that you approached that two girls?
Many Japanese male otakus cannot approach girls.
You are brave enough. I respect you.

>>131

>>今学期は三番日本語の授業。あのぅ、こんな漢字分かんないけど「今学っきは三番日本語のじゅぎょう」もいい?

These are not natural.
"三番目"→"第3セメスター" or "3セメ"(omission)
「今学期は、第三セメスター(3セメ)の日本語の授業。」
「こんがっきは、だいさんせめすたーのにほんごのじゅぎょう」

And again, I recommend you to use "僕".
I know an international student from Sweden.
He called himself "私". But it was too formal to use in ordinary situations. We told him not to use "私".
Then, he called himself "俺" till he went back to Sweden.
I couldn't say that you shouldn't use "俺".

Now that, I can say this with pride.
You should use "僕". Because "俺" is too rough and crude.

146 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-27 00:26 ID:Heaven

>>144

Personally, it's not necessarily a thing of pride. I just don't like it when people make jugdements based on nationality or race. Though, it is true that Americans are proud people. Everything we have now is because of what our forefathers fought for.

What I said in >>140 is true. America is the nation with the highest level of obesity in the world.

http://www.obesity.org/subs/fastfacts/obesity_global_epidemic.shtml
http://www.obesity.org/subs/fastfacts/obesity_US.shtml

Now I'm curious. What do you think of Black people? I won't get mad, I promise :D

147 Name: 1 : 2007-04-27 11:18 ID:Heaven

I'm home. It's 17:30.
In Japan, we have "Golden week". Golden week is composed by about one week holidays.
I don't know why it exists. But it's holiday. HAHAHAHA

>>146
I understand what you mean.
In Japan, obesity is paid attention to as "Metabolic Syndrome".

I had not seen black people only when I entered college.
They are paid more attention to than white people. Because they are seldom seen in Japan.

Strictry speaking, it is more difficult for me to speak to black people than to white people.

That bias may be come from HipHop.
And we know that black people have physical toughness.
(Ordinary Japanese people come across black people only on TV(especially Sports and HipHop))

The more frequent we see black people, the less biases we have.

148 Name: 1 : 2007-04-27 11:20 ID:Heaven

Oh, it's 20:20. Time passes so quickly.

149 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-27 15:44 ID:Heaven

> And again, I recommend you to use "僕".

Okay, I will. Thanks for the advice.

> Strictry speaking, it is more difficult for me to speak to black people than to white people.

(ha ha, you said "strictry")

Actually, it's usually the same for white people, although we don't like to admit it. I'm glad to use an anonymous forum.

I made friends with a black girl this year, but whenever she was unfriendly to me I thought "oh, it's because she's black and I'm white".

Of course, that isn't true. That's how racism works. Having to double-check myself makes me very nervous, though. I'm sure it's the same for other white guys too.

150 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-27 15:44 ID:NHgnR8OT

I'll bump this thread so people can chat with you during Golden Week :)

151 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-27 18:21 ID:Iul7ughQ

I agree about biases. As intelligent people, we can say "it's stupid to have preconceived ideas about people because of their race", but in practice, it's hard to follow.

I grew up in a mostly white town, and didn't really know many black people growing up - so, I don't really know a lot about black culture. Thus, I tend to sometimes get nervous around black people, because I don't want to offend them without thinking.

It's a real problem.

152 Name: sage : 2007-04-27 18:49 ID:cAQRp0px

1234

153 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-27 18:49 ID:Heaven

1234

154 Name: 1 : 2007-04-28 01:45 ID:Heaven

ぐももーエヴリバディー。只今、朝の10時50分です。
休日は学食が昼間しか営業していない為、本日は空腹也。

>>149
Eeyyannn!! I missed. "Strictly" is right.
I had better learn more words and grammer.
I will prepare for TOEIC.

I see.
Then, what do you think of yellow races??

>>150
What does "Bump this thread" mean?? Is it about "age"??
But you also can post anything you want!

>>151
Thanks for your serious opinion.
It's problem.....

>>152-153
いち に さん し = ひぃ ふぅ みぃ よ
ご ろく しち はち = いつ む なな や

155 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-28 06:26 ID:rwqfBmsi

> Then, what do you think of yellow races??

My grandfather probably had a racist view. But I think Asians are cool. There are a lot of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean people at my school.

156 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-28 07:57 ID:rwqfBmsi

P.S. Throw out whatever dictionary you found the word "yellow races" in, as it is 80 years out of date.

157 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-29 18:33 ID:WRbAat8L

>>154

> What does "Bump this thread" mean?? Is it about "age"??

American forums use "bump" to mean "age".
They don't have "sage" for some reason.

I think he offered so people won't miss the thread because they don't see it on the front page.

158 Name: 1 : 2007-04-29 19:17 ID:Heaven

D'oh!
I almost forget to post here today.

>>155-156
Oh, thank you. Am I cool? But I don't know what "cool" means...
And I can find the word "yellow races" in my electronic dictionary!! HAHAHA!!
This dictionary is so expensive. So, I cannot throw away this.(^o^;)

One thing I want to ask you.
Not only their appearances but their cultures, can you tell Japanese people from other asian races?

BTW, I want to follow what they say.↓
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w1ihq7PQpY

I cannot help laughing when this hilarious man says his number.
Is it the same as you?? Do English native speakers also feel interesting??

I cannot follow him. He speaks so fast.

159 Name: 1 : 2007-04-29 19:23 ID:8pBn8ZNU

>>157
Thank you!
Oh, you don't have "sage"!! It is so surprising!!

160 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-29 21:03 ID:5jXytSKm

>>158

> Not only their appearances but their cultures, can you tell Japanese people from other asian races?

Most non-asian people cannot see the difference in appearance or culture due to unfamiliarity, unless they have put forth the effort to do so.

> BTW, I want to follow what they say.↓
> ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w1ihq7PQpY

Yes this is very funny.
I'll try and transcribe this for you.

161 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-29 21:25 ID:Heaven

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=applemilk1988

この人の事を知ってるの? 何と考える?

162 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-29 21:49 ID:5jXytSKm

[Dell Customer Call transcript]
Tech:
Dell hardware warranty Support my name is [deleted], How can I help you.

Caller:
Oh, My Mom got one- Hello?

Tech:
Can you hear me?

Caller:
Yeah, I'm having a problem- how about now, I got [??] on can you hear me now?

Tech:
Um, I can hear you, you're breaking up a little bit, but...

Caller:
(Oh great), Alright. Well what I got is my mom's laptop here and it won't turn off.

pause

Tech:
It won't turn off?

Caller:
NO.

Tech:
Okay.

Caller:
Since [??] windows is [??] down.
Can NOT turn it off, tried turning off the power and everything, it won't turn off.

Tech:
Alright, can I get the, uh, service tag then.

Caller:
frustrated
Jesus Christ, I just gave it to you people!
angry sigh
Alright, express service code is: [deleted] four-one-nine.
You got it?

Tech:
I couldn't hear you very well, you were yelling very loud, uh, [deleted] four-one-nine? Is that right?

Caller:
losing patience
Yeah it's close enough all I need to know is how do you turn this god damn thing off?
You-- Your automated crap SUCKS. Alright? And I think YOU suck, alright?
screaming
JESUS CHRIST how do you turn this fucking thing off!?
You understand that?

Tech:
Alright, well I will just need to actually, uh, see what system you have here, so- I'm showing that you- Can I get the name on the account?

Caller:
It's [deleted]

Tech:
Alright, and the phone number that purchased it?

Caller:
screaming
Why do you need all this all I need to know is how do you turn the thing off?

Tech:
I need to verify the owner of the system, Sir.

Caller:
(oh Jesus Christ) The number is [deleted]-seven-two.

Tech:
(Alright) And, can I get your name?

Caller:
My name is [deleted].

Tech:
And your last name?

Caller:
I'm here son [deleted], god damn you!
Fucking god damn pig, well I swear to God.

[continued in next post]

163 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-29 21:49 ID:5jXytSKm

[continued from >>162]

Tech:
And your phone number?

Caller:
angry
My phone number is the same!

Tech:
Okay, and your email address.

Caller:
WHY DO YOU NEED THAT!?
You know you're upsetting the fuck out of me, alright?
You fucking god damn asshole.
Look, god damn it, the fucking thing will not shut off.
Do you understand that?
Since last night, and you got a god damn battery problem as well, alright.
What the fuck is going on with this god damn thing?
I'm getting very upset with this, I've spent about an hour trying to talk to you people on this fricking automated crap you've got, and

that's what's got me all fucking upset like this, alright.
And if you didn't have [stutter] this automated crap on your god damn phone system, then someone would talk to a human. You know what a

human is?

Tech:
Yes sir, I do, and I-

Caller:
interrupting
You keep acting like a god damn computer and keep asking me these stupid questions, when all I need to know is how do you shut this thing

down.
It says "windows is shutting down", it's been saying that since last night, alright?
Now how come it wont shut down and how come I can't shut it down? What do I got to do, rip the damn battery out of the back of it?

Tech:
Um, NO, you definitely don't want to do that.

Caller:
Well what do I got to do will you PLEASE TELL ME!

Tech:
Yeah-- All I Need-- So-- Do you not have an email address, that's all I need from you, do you not have an email address?

Caller:
being difficult
I'm not going to give it to you, alright, let's put it that way, alright. 'Cause I have nothing to do with this god damn computer. All I

want to know is how do you close it down before it causes a god damn fucking fire-- WILL YOU FUCKING TELL ME?!

Tech:
resigned
Alright-- So-- To shut the system off- you see the power button on it?

Caller:
I've been pushing it for the past three fucking hours, it DON'T FUCKING DO NOTHING.

Tech:
Alright, hold down the power button for ten seconds right now.

Caller:
exasperated sigh
long pause
Well, Jesus Christ, You could have told me that, you know, you're not very fricking helpful, you know that, your a fucking asshole. And you can put this in your FUCKING RECORDS, alright.

[end of transcript]

164 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-29 21:59 ID:Heaven

>>163
>>162
Be careful where you repeat these words in public (least to most offensive):

Suck
Swear
Crap
Pig (when referring to a person)
Asshole
Fuck (fucking, fucker)
Damn
Jesus Christ
God Damn (goddamn, goddam)

165 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-29 22:16 ID:Heaven

>>156
>>158
The term "Yellow" is out of date as it is considered an offensive to refer to Asian people in this way. If no one is insulted, there is no harm in using the term.
Similarly, "Red" is never used when referring to people descended from those native to the Americas before the 16th century.

"White" and "Black" are still in use, referring to people of European/Mediterranean and Sub-Saharan African descent, respectively.

166 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-30 08:16 ID:rwqfBmsi

> Not only their appearances but their cultures, can you tell Japanese people from other asian races?

Personally, I can't tell if someone is Chinese, Japanese, or Korean just by looking at them and talking. I mean, I know which one my friends are from their names and because they told me, but some stranger on the street could be any.

But when I look at a website, even with no words written on it, it's easy to tell. Korean websites have lots of round corners and tiny, cute characters, Japanese websites tend towards a strong sense of design and good moé artwork, and Chinese websites are just an utter mess. That's how you really determine culture.

also, "cool" = カッコイイ

167 Name: Anonymous : 2007-04-30 15:49 ID:WRbAat8L

> Japanese websites tend towards a strong sense of design

I can honestly say I've never seen this.

I can recognize all the writing systems, and in conversation I can identify Japanese because I can understand it. I'm not very good at the other languages, though.

Nobody here can tell Asians apart by looking.

168 Name: 1 : 2007-04-30 16:23 ID:/JDSpC3l

>>160
Thank you for your opinion.
And I really appreciate your kindness.

>>161
Oh, I have watched her video. But only one time.
She speaks good Japanese, but seemingly, is not good at writing.
A short time ago I knew that she wanted to be an actress in Japan.
Well, basically I like Europeans and Americans about their appearance.
But I don't think she is so pretty.
Is she seventeen years old?? What the heck! She is younger than me!
It's so amazing. I cannot help envying her.

>>162-163
Holly shit! Awesome! Fuckin' good!!!!!!!
I preserved your postings 'cos they are THAT DAMN GOOD!!
Thank you. Thank you very much.
I'm listing this conversation again and again, with reading your postings.
I appreciate you. TYVM!!

>>164
I haven't heard international students say such dirty words.
Maybe they have good manners.
(I don't know "Swear")

>>165
ありがとう!勉強になります。
Thanks! It's good study for me.(←Is this right expression?)

>>166
To tell the truth, we also cannot tell us from Korean or Chinese.
There are some characteristics, but it depends.
You looked Chinese websites? You are an adventurer!!

"cool" means "カッコイイ".
Then, >>155 means "アジア人はカッコイイ".

それは、文化的にですよね?
日本のサムライや、中国の歴史の事ですか?

169 Name: 1 : 2007-04-30 16:38 ID:Heaven

>>167
Yeah, nobody can tell Asians apart by looking.
Moreover, I sometimes mistake a Japanese for a foreigner(Americans or Europeans), because I think hand-some men should be Americans or Europeans.

By the way, I couldn't get tickets for returning to my family home.
Yeah, I'm alone\(^o^)/
lonely long black magic night have begun....

170 Name: Anonymous : 2007-05-01 00:50 ID:rwqfBmsi

> By the way, I couldn't get tickets for returning to my family home.

Aww, that's really sad :(

Would you like to hear how to ask out female otaku?

You write on a slip of paper, "Would you like to go out with me? []Yes []No" (the []s are checkboxes)

Then you slip it into her mailbox. Even if you're too nervous to say anything, she will at least get the message. Then she will get angry with you and slap you, saying, "Pathetic otaku, if you want to ask me out do it in person!"

Then you can stare, but when she turns around and leaves, you say "Stupid girl, you're an otaku too. Don't expect so much."

171 Name: Anonymous : 2007-05-01 02:54 ID:Heaven

>>167
>>169

> Nobody can tell Asians apart by looking.

チガウ!! 僕出来るよ! 肌の色合いと顔の構造が僅かに違いなんだ。

>>170
.....what?

172 Name: Anonymous : 2007-05-01 03:45 ID:Eh+jt8/B

>>170 it's true in terms of if they are Korean, Japanese, etc. Hard to tell.

173 Name: Anonymous : 2007-05-01 07:22 ID:dXUFt/3n

>>172

This is because the Asian Japanese are of Korean decent!

And I wish you guys wouldn't talk about Japanese as a race, it's not a race never was never will be.

174 Name: 1 : 2007-05-01 12:21 ID:s5r7jaEq

>>170
Oh, that's not bad. I want to be slapped around by hot female otaku.
In Japan, most of the female otaku are not hot at all.
But in America, I will be satisfied with any girls even if they are otaku. It's really worth being slapped.

And you know what, your idea is the same as Japanese classical literature "The Tale of Genji" (written in Heian era).
Your idea is childish!! :P
Now that I'm a college student!!
So all I can do is staring at girls from distance :)

>>171
韓国人は特徴的だけどなぁ~。
中国人と日本人は分からんのじゃないかなぁ………。
ttp://lc-fire.cocolog-nifty.com/photos/uncategorized/sany4040.jpg
Then, what do you think of her? What is her nationality??

>>172-173
Yes, we are decent. In other words, we are shy.

Please tell me the bad points of Japan. Please bully me. please

175 Name: Anonymous : 2007-05-01 15:16 ID:WDPbTFzC

It is very famous in Japan.
It is an adult site.

21 years old or more is not good when seeing.

http://click.dtiserv2.com/Click5/1-6-12532

http://click.dtiserv2.com/Click50/1-103-12532

The Japanese also is pleased, hopes for it also by the god, and is
according to the thing to use and to make two sites above known.

176 Name: Anonymous : 2007-05-01 20:03 ID:Heaven

>>174
台湾人で~す! 騙そうとしてた?

何かゲームをプレーするの?

177 Name: Anonymous : 2007-05-02 00:52 ID:5jXytSKm

>>168

Regarding >>162-163; (transcript I made)
I must warn that the grammar used by the caller and the support person is very bad, please don't emulate it.

> Thanks! It's good study for me.

I think it may be more clear to say:

> Thanks! This is good information for me to study.

>>174
Regarding >>173
I think this man was trying to convey that the Japanese and Korean are of the same race (that being Asian or Humanity as a whole), but he was not belittling the Japanese nation or it's people. This was my impression.

178 Name: 1 : 2007-05-02 00:53 ID:Heaven

>>175
What???

>>176
Hey, you're a cheater!
You could not have told her apart!
Then, next question.
ttp://blackh.up.seesaa.net/vivian/vivian_05.jpg
How about her?
You must judge only from this picture. Hey!! Don't use searching engines!!!!!!

I don't play any games. Sorry.
Because I made it a rule that I studied hard when I became a college student.
I wanna be a grind or a drudge!!!

179 Name: Anonymous : 2007-05-02 01:50 ID:Ry0aLzgl

> And you know what, your idea is the same as Japanese classical literature "The Tale of Genji" (written in Heian era).
> Your idea is childish!! :P

Actually, it's what a lot of American kids do in elementary school. It is a well-known tactic, like drawing an umbrella with your names under it.

So yes, I guess you could say I'm childish.

What's that? The Tale of Genji does the same thing? Oh dear...

180 Name: Anonymous : 2007-05-02 02:33 ID:03c5+Bmp

Why do Japanese people typing in English put each sentence on a new line? It seems really odd.

But it is useful for distinguishing posters' nationality.

181 Name: Anonymous : 2007-05-02 04:22 ID:Heaven

>>178

Hmmmm... This picture is heavily airbrushed...
難しいな...
でも、まだ台湾人だ。
見える?顔「顎」で同様と思う。

182 Name: LelakiKeretapi : 2007-05-03 02:09 ID:0r/WqfFp

That's Yin Ling. She is Taiwanese model who is current base is Japan.

I think she is way hotter than most of JAV joyuu.

183 Name: Anonymous : 2007-05-03 03:14 ID:dXUFt/3n

>>1

Is the Japanese really are this nice, then I'm going to start packing my bags right now because where I live people are very rude and mean.

184 Name: 1 : 2007-05-03 05:31 ID:I6dXThip

>>177
You give me good informations!! Thanks a lot. I didn't notice both of you pointed out.
>>179
Hey, don't mind!! Because The Tale of Genji is one of the most famous classic literatures in Japan. Everybody knows!! Many perversions are there!!
>>180
You got me angry!!! But I thank you for pointing out, so I'm not writing like that. How about this posting? Is this easy to read??
>>181
You have superhuman eyes! Awesome!! If there were many people like you, research of DNA might be abandoned.
Ok, this is last question. How about this!?
ttp://www.japan-zone.com/modern/pix/h/hirai_ken.jpg
>>182
M字ビターン!!
>>183
Oh dear... Where do you live now?
In Japan, I recommend the countryside to you. But you know what? People feel comfortable when they touched things that were fond of in their childhood. Your country is the best for you, I think.

185 Name: Anonymous : 2007-05-03 05:38 ID:dXUFt/3n

>>184

I live in the United States of America.

186 Name: 1 : 2007-05-03 05:50 ID:Heaven

>>185
I want to go to the United States of America!! Especially, the South. A view maybe so magnificent.
Don't expect too much of people!! Expect too much of nature!!!!

187 Name: Anonymous : 2007-05-03 05:56 ID:dXUFt/3n

>>186

I love nature!
Do you like camping?

188 Name: 1 : 2007-05-03 06:08 ID:I6dXThip

>>187
Ten years ago, I often went to camping with my famiry. But now I cannot go to camping.
These days, I only took a walk around my house. But I live in urban area since this March, so I cannot even do it. I want to go home!!

189 Name: 1 : 2007-05-03 06:11 ID:Heaven

not "famiry". "family" is right.
What a stupid I am. I'm sorry. But I am an average Japanese college student.....

190 Name: 1 : 2007-05-03 06:13 ID:Heaven

I cannot go to camping because I'm afraid of hornets.

191 Name: Anonymous : 2007-05-03 06:26 ID:dXUFt/3n

>>189

It's ok everybody makes mistakes.

192 Name: 1 : 2007-05-03 06:28 ID:I6dXThip

>>191
Which state do you live in? I want to know that.

193 Name: Anonymous : 2007-05-03 06:36 ID:dXUFt/3n

>>192

Indiana

194 Name: Anonymous : 2007-05-03 06:37 ID:dXUFt/3n

>>192

Where in Japan do you live?

195 Name: 1 : 2007-05-03 06:50 ID:I6dXThip

>>193
Indiana state has many farms!! Great! Maybe they are quite larger than Japanese farms.

>>194
I live in Sendai in Miyagi Prefecture. Because my college is there.
My homevillage is Iga city in Mie Prefecture. There is famous for "a ninja"(a Japanese secret agent in feudal times).

196 Name: 1 : 2007-05-03 06:59 ID:Heaven

I found these:
ttp://www.city.iga.lg.jp/ctg/C289/289.html
ttp://www.city.iga.lg.jp/ctg/22131/22131.html

197 Name: R : 2007-05-03 09:10 ID:zp6xE6Du

great! thank god i've found this thread~
i can learn english here to~
i do really have a bad grammar.. TTATT

198 Name: 1 : 2007-05-03 13:08 ID:Heaven

You should also thank everybody in this thread(except>>2,>>81,>>91,>>99,>>132).

Everybody in this thread is very gentle(except>>2,>>81,>>91,>>99,>>132).

You can use this thread all you want!!

199 Name: 1 : 2007-05-03 13:16 ID:Heaven

D'oh! I made a mistake again....

>>2 is me. Myself.
I wanted to say "except>>3,>>81,>>91,>>99,>>132".

BTW, where have >>4 and >>56 gone?? I miss you.
Come back and post here again, please!!

          ∫
∧__∧
( ´ω`)   ∫    < Or else, I'll cook you like this!!
(つ  つ=(二二二)
|| | 
(___)___) 火火火火

200 Name: 1 : 2007-05-03 13:21 ID:w0nFwcoY

200 Get! I put up this thread and get >>2 and >>200!!
I'm so selfish(^^;)

          >>4
∧__∧
( ´ω`)   >>56 < I like DEEP PURPLE!!(only the song'Burn')
(つ  つ=(二二二)
|| | 
(___)___) 火火火火

Name: Link:
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
More options...
Verification: